USP will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out herein;
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it is needed, unless we are legally required to do so, or if you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
What information do we collect?
- Information is collected when a customer registers on our site, places an order, enters a competition or submits a query.
- Information that may be collected and which you may be required to provide includes your name, email address, identity number, delivery address, age, gender, occupation, account details, tax number or contact number
What do we use the information for?
- The information that is collected may be used in one or more of the following manners:
- improve our customer service, website or service offering;
- Process orders and transaction;
- Administer competitions or promotions;
- Send communications to you regarding our business or promotions.
- Where an email address is provided, we undertake only to use it for purposes of communicating with you regarding an order placed with USP, unless you specifically provide permission through an opt-in function to receive various communications transmitted to our mailing list including company news, product information, promotions, updates etc.
- Should you opt-in to our mailing list and at any stage decide that you would like to unsubscribe from any future emails, an unsubscribe option is available in our emails.
How is your information protected?
- We use data encryption on all sensitive information to protect user information.
- We do not share any personal information with any 3rd party companies.
Third party disclosure
- We will never sell or transfer your personal identifiable information to third parties without your express permission to do so for any specified purpose.
- This does not include third parties who assist in the administration of this website or assisting in service delivery or administration to you as the customer. Such transfers or disclosure shall only insofar as necessary for the legitimate purpose.
- We may also disclose your information where required to do so by law or a law enforcement agency or to protect the rights of USP and other users.
- Non-personal identifiable data may be disclosed to third parties for purposes of marketing, market research or gathering of statistics.
- The website makes use of “cookies” to automatically collect information and data through the standard operation of the Internet servers. “Cookies” are small text files a website can use (and which we may use) to recognise repeat users, facilitate the user’s on-going access to and use of a website and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data that will allow the website operator to improve the functionality of the website and its content, and to display more focused advertising to a user by way of third party tools. The type of information collected by cookies is not used to personally identify you. Please note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features available on our website, and thus if you disable the cookies on your browser you may not be able to use those features, and your access to our website will therefore be limited. If you do not disable “cookies”, you are deemed to consent to our use of any personal information collected using those cookies, subject to the remainder of provisions of this clause.
Third party links
- Where we include or offer third party products or services on our website, such websites are not subject to these Terms and Conditions and will be subject to their own privacy policies.
- It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with such policies and USP shall have no responsibility or liability for the content of activities of these linked sites.
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org